Our warmest wishes for a happy holiday season. Here are some tips and tricks to make communication easier for you or a loved one during the holiday season.
1. Be upfront about your hearing loss
– Let people know you have a hearing loss
– Ask people to speak slow and clear
2. Pick a strategic seat
– At the table pick a seat that is facing most people and sit by who you want to chat with the most. Make sure
your seat is away from background noise
– If you are seated in a room, pick a quiet corner with lots of light
3. Pay attention to the speaker
– Listen with your eyes and your ears
– Focus on the speaker, watch facial expressions and hand gestures
– Pay attention to situational and interpersonal cues
Our holiday celebrations will look different this year, but what is most important is connecting with love ones either virtually or in small groups. Remember to let your hearing loss be known, have a sense of humor and appropriate expectations – groups and masks make communication hard!
December 23rd: 9:00am-4:30pm
December 24th until January 1st: CLOSED
January 4th: 9:00am-7:30pm
We wish you and your family health and happiness in 2021.